keskiviikko 22. huhtikuuta 2009

Robots? where?

So here I am, blogging... Wau, everything is so nice and shiny... So much potential. Well, let's not be too carried away. Hum... So! Robots, was it? Let's see...

I have been painting and playing for about 15 years now, so I have quite a lot of stuff lying around. However, I seem to always find some reason to buy more. This time, I blame Hydra Miniatures' boss Matthew Beauchamp. Go there to see what I am talking about, take the tour, and come back in a minute...

*Hears noise, rises head from painting desk* Already? Ok, so you see? Retro Sci-fi stuff, especially those nice 50s robots? Good sculpting too, multipart... Classic. These had to be mine. I ordered some, the casting was good, I ordered more...

So suddenly I had a whole bunch of robots and dreams of flying saucers... What to do?

Now, whatever you think of Games Workshop and their flagship system Warhammer 40k, in my neighborhood everybody plays it. And whatever you think of Space Marines in the game, their codex offers a wealth of options for inventive "count as" armies. So it would be Wh40k in order to be able to actually play the army without having to single-handedly introduce a new game system at my local gaming store, and it would be Space Marines for the versatility of the codex. I tried Necron, Eldar, even tyranid lists, but nothing was really satisfying.

Now something you must know is that there is a turnament in my town at the beginning of May. So that gave me a goal. As a slow painter with little time on his hands, that was also a difficult goal. Hence the blog. Not that I expect anyone to actually bother with my little robots, but the very idea that there might be someone looking over my shoulder should keep me at work on this project. Or so I hope...

So let the story begin. Can I convert and paint a "count as" Space Marines army based on M. Beauchamp's robots before the turnament? That's three weeks. Stay tuned!

And to give you something to chew, the test model for the color scheme:





















Next time: the army list, more painted robots, and some flying saucers...

*Goes back to painting*

PS. To see superb painting on some of the robots, go there. Agis Neugebauer might have odd musical tastes (RUSH? please...), but he is certainly a painter extraordinaire. And super quick, too! This guy paints like a Speedy Gonzalez on crack. Now if only Steve Dean could lay his talented hands on some of these robots... Miam.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti