maanantai 12. lokakuuta 2009

Where the wild things are...

In between painting ancient Greeks, I have been busy gathering an old school IG army as well. The idea was to pick everything vaguely sci-fish that is lying in my flat AND is not a Space Marines, and make an army of it for Warhammer 40k. That means quite a lot of old school IG, some tanks, and ... that:



I am the proud owner of a few of these old beastmen. I think they are old Grenadier or Ral Parha, and I bought them about 15 years ago. The series is now re-issued by a British company called Em4 miniatures. I do not know how they do that, but the sure thing is that I bought a lot of those. These are superb miniatures, with good detail and no flash. They remind me of Bob Olley's sculpting style. If it is indeed his handywork, then this is the very best he has done. I have often had difficulties with Olley's style, but this is just great.

Those guys will be added to the IG army as riflemen. The idea is to get an abhuman-human army, with ratlings, beastmen, ogryns and the like. Here is one more painted example, and a few waiting for paint.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti